Some City facilities are open to the public as of July 13.

New Hampshire residents can also dial 2-1-1 for assistance.

A downloadable document with a list of City contacts is available HERE.

Residents are strongly encouraged to continue using online services whenever possible. View a list here:

The mail slot in front door of City Hall (41 Green Street) can still be utilized for the following:

The following items are available in the Code Administration Lobby (37 Green Street):

  • Building & Trades Permits
  • Building Plans / Reviews
  • Health & Licensing Applications
  • Zoning Board of Adjustment Applications
  • Sign Permit Applications
  • Planning Board Applications

Facial coverings will be required to enter the buildings. If you do not have one, one will be provided. City staff will be wearing facial coverings. Other protective measures include sneeze guards, hand sanitizer, social distancing, a limited number of people in the building, and increased sanitization in all facilities.


At City Hall, guests will enter through the front door, and exit through the side door (handicap accessible access). Business hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Monday through Friday; to access the City Clerk’s office from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Thursdays, call (603) 225-8500. The Collections Office will be open by appointment only on Thursdays from 4:30 to 6 p.m.

An employee will greet guests in front of City Hall, ask them a series of health screening questions, and coordinate the number of people accessing the Assessing, Collections, and City Clerk’s Office at any given time to ensure appropriate social distancing. Customers for these areas will be queued in front of City Hall once the lobby has reached capacity. Although the City Clerk’s and Collections Office will no longer be scheduling appointments for service, pre-existing appointments will be honored. Other City Hall departments on the second and third floor will be accessible for walk in customer service.

The Code Administration office will also be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning on July 13.

Helpful Information & Links From These Offices:

  • Property Assessment Records: The City of Concord does require that you log in to view property records.  Please keep this log-in and password information recorded as it will be required each time that you log in. Real Estate Agents and residents requiring Property Record Cards can contact the Assessing office at 603-225-8550 or by email at
  • Tax Maps can be viewed online.
  • Property Inspections: Interior inspections have recommenced with new protocols in place for social distancing. We will be in contact with property owners who will need interior or exterior inspections on their property. Property owners can contact us at or leave a message by phone at (603) 225-8550.
  • Vital Records can be ordered through the City Clerk’s Office via mail or online for any vital record event that has taken place in the State of New Hampshire.
  • Building Inspections: As long as construction proceeds, field inspections will continue for all non-habitable areas. We will be evaluating/inspecting habitable structures on a case-by-case basis. Please have the tradesman or contractor contact Code Administration at (603) 225-8580 or to schedule their inspection. We are also considering accepting photos for certain inspections as well as FaceTime phone inspections.
  • Building and Trades permits: Permit applications are available in the entrance foyer of the Code Administration office located at 37 Green Street, Concord, NH as well as the City of Concord website. All permit applications and forms are available for download here: Building and Trades Permit applications will be accepted via email, mail or drop box outside the Code Administration Office.
  • Building plan / reviews: Will be accepted via email (for initial review), mail or drop box outside Code Administration Office. If necessary, we will meet individuals by appointment only to go over plan questions; please contact the department at 603.225.8580.
  • Health & Licensing: Applications are available online and can be dropped off as above. Or call (603) 225-8580 to discuss options. Plan reviews for new licenses may be submitted via email. Routine food service inspections are suspended until normal operations resume. Site visits and pre-opening inspections may be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Health Officer to schedule an inspection if needed. An update from the FDA regarding food questions and the coronavirus outbreak can be found HERE. Information on reopening for restaurants.
  • Zoning: Zoning Board of Adjustment Applications are available online or by email and must be mailed or dropped off at the Code Administration Office. Payment is due at time of submission and must be paid by check at this time. Please coordinate with the Zoning Administrator prior to dropping of application and fees. For additional information please call 225-8580 or e-mail, We are reviewing complaints and continuing to follow-up with ongoing cases.
  • Sign Permit Applications are available online and in the Code Administration lobby. Sign Permit Applications must be submitted, in duplicate with all supporting documents, by mail or deposited in the drop box in the Code Administration lobby. The fee must be paid by check at the time of submission or, if you are unsure of the fee we will calculate the fee and contact you for payment. For additional information please call (603) 225-8580 or e-mail,
  • Car Registrations: Renewal of car registrations can be processed:
  • Newly purchased vehicle registration and title transfers: call the Collections Office for specific instructions. Note: this could be a multi-step process. Boat registrations: not available at this time. Implementation has been put on hold.
  • Tax payments: acceptable methods of payment:
    • Online via our website:
    • US Mail – (Checks or certified funds only, postmark dates will be honored as the date of payment)
      City of Concord
      41 Green Street
      Concord NH 03301
    • City Hall mail slot at front door (Checks or certified funds only).

Questions about vehicle registration or tax payments should be directed to the Collections Office at or (603) 225-8540. Staff are available 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and until 6 p.m. on Thursdays.

  • Engineering Permits can be submitted as follows:
    • (Preferred) Electronically in pdf format. E-mailed to
    • Mailed to City Hall, 41 Green Street Concord NH, 03301, "Attention City Engineering Office"
    • Delivered and inserted into drop box at City Hall Front Entrance
    • Payment for permits shall be for the full amount, check only (no cash), include a printed copy of the permit. Please include all required information and paperwork (Plans, Certificate of Insurance, etc.) at the time of submission.
  • Street Excavation Permits: Permit applications and the regulations are available on the Engineering page of the City’s website at . Permit applications must be received a minimum of four days prior to the proposed excavation.
  • Planning Board Submissions: To file Planning Board submissions including site plans, subdivision plans, etc. please submit applications electronically to Hard copies of applications may be dropped off in one of the drop boxes at City Hall. For any other planning related business or questions, please contact the Planning Division at or 603-225-8515.
  • Trail Guides can be downloaded at or you may send us a check for $7.00 made out to the City of Concord and we will mail one to you, or leave a check in the drop box provided at City Hall.


Concord Fire Department’s Headquarters and Concord Police Department’s lobby will continue to be closed to the public at this time.

For emergencies, call 9-1-1. If you are a victim of domestic violence in need of assistance, please call New Hampshire’s statewide domestic violence hotline at (866) 644-3574.

To report a non-emergency to the Concord Police Department, ask a question about parking, make a delivery or register as a sex offender, please call (603) 225-8600. Cash payments for parking tickets can be made via the drop box outside City Hall. They can also be paid online:

Anyone looking to obtain a fire permit can do so here: note that the issuing of permits is weather-dependent.


Concord General Services’ administration office at 311 North State Street will be reopening to the public on Monday, July 13. Visitors are no longer required to make an appointment. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visitors are required to wear a mask or facial covering, or one will be provided for them. Social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained. Hand sanitizing stations are available in the administration and water billing lobbies. Sneeze guards have been installed and staff is practicing increased sanitization. Before entering the building, perform a self-screening for COVID-19. Do NOT enter the building if you answer yes to any of the following questions:

  • Have you had any of the following symptoms in the past 72 hours without using fever reducing medication, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
  • Have you had contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 or the symptoms listed above in the last 14 calendar days?
  • Have you returned from international or domestic commercial travel (plane, train, or bus) within the last 14 days?

If you answer yes to any of the questions above, please instead call the office at (603) 228-2737, send an email to, or utilize online services at Utility bills can still be paid online, by phone, by mail, or in our drop box outside the office (visit for details). Concerns and work requests can be reported online at

  • The RV Waste Station at 125 Hall Street is no longer available by appointment and is closed due to site construction until approximately October 2020.
  • Sustainable Tree Program: We have temporarily suspended the Sustainable Tree Program.
  • PAYT Bag Program: Concord residents with curbside trash collection will be required to use purple pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) trash bags as of Monday, June 22. Find more information about the City’s solid waste services at

CONCORD HUMAN SERVICES (28 Commercial Street)

The office is open by appointment only. Please contact staff at (603) 225-8575 or to schedule an appointment. The department will continue to have staff available to answer the phone during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday – except Wednesday, when hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note that guests will be required to wear a mask and answer basic screening questions before entering. Steps taken to protect the public include facial covering usage by City employees, hand sanitizer stations, and increased sanitization in City facilities.


The City Wide Community Center will continue to be open for appointments Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until Noon and 5 to 7 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please send an email to and a member of our staff will respond with 1 business day. Additional updates will be shared at as they become available.

As of Monday, June 15, there is no longer a restriction on the number of guests that can attend a graveside service. We strongly recommend that guests wear masks while attending services. Social distancing from cemetery staff is required. Social distancing among guests is strongly suggested.

Pall bearers, family and/or funeral directors will transport the casket to the grave site, if applicable. Guests must leave the burial site immediately after the service is complete before cemetery staff returns to lower the casket.

The chapel is available for services. Masks are required inside the chapel except when speaking from the podium. The maximum number of guests in the chapel is 35.

The office building will remain closed to visitors. Appointments can be made to meet with the Administrator outside the office. Masks are required. The restrooms at the office remain closed to the public. Please contact the Cemetery Administrator for any questions or clarifications at or (603) 225-3911. Thank you for your continued support.


Reopening Sign 2.0-page-001

EVERETT ARENA (15 Loudon Road)

The Everett Arena is currently closed. A summer event schedule is available online and is being updated constantly as new information is available. Please note that roller skating is scheduled to begin on July 7.

The City of Concord thanks the public in advance for their cooperation in this process as we all navigate these unprecedented times. Information and updates will continue to be shared online at


The City of Concord values the investment of our companies in our City. We hope the following resources will help.

New Hampshire Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF)

Now taking applications until July 17

This week, the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR), in conjunction with the Department of Revenue Administration (DRA) and New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES), announced the opening of the New Hampshire Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) application period. The New Hampshire SELF program builds off of the success of the Main Street Relief Fund. It is part of the State’s overall strategy to ensure the self-employed, a critical part of the backbone of New Hampshire’s economy, can better tackle the economic challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.

For a self-employed business to qualify for a SELF Grant, it must:

  • Be a “self-employed” business;
  • Please note: For purposes of the New Hampshire SELF Program, a “self-employed” business is a business that does not have any employees except owners at any time during the year, including any furloughed, laid-off, or seasonal employees. The business may be a sole proprietorship, partnership, or limited liability company (LLC). If one or more non-owner employees typically work for a business at any time during the year, including any furloughed, laid-off, or seasonal employees, the business is not a “self-employed” business. Independent contractors are not employees; an independent contractor has a “self-employed” business.
  • Be a for-profit business;
  • Have its principal place of business in New Hampshire;
  • Have been in operation for at least one year before July 17, 2020;
  • Anticipate a loss of gross receipts from 2019 to 2020 due to COVID-19;
  • Have total 2019 gross receipts of less than $1,000,000;
  • Not be currently in bankruptcy;
  • Not have permanently ceased operations; and
  • Not have been awarded a Main Street Relief Fund Grant.

In addition, the following types of “self-employed” businesses are not eligible for grants under the New Hampshire SELF Program:

  • Nonprofits;
  • Franchises or national chains;
  • Farmers, growers, or maple producers;
  • Childcare providers;
  • Elementary or secondary schools;
  • Institutions of higher education; and
  • Hospitals or other healthcare providers.
 Note: Additional information about the New Hampshire SELF program can be found here.

NH SBDC Ask an Advisor Anything: Live Q&A on Recovery & Reopening

We are here to answer your questions. What’s been bugging you? What’s keeping you up at night? What did an employee just ask that you can’t answer? Submit your question prior to the webinar or ask it live in the Chat. If we don’t know the answer, we will find it or refer you to someone who does. 

These webinars will be occurring on Friday mornings. Visit their website for more information and to register:

Paycheck Protection Program

Just a couple of weeks ago the Senate passed by unanimous consent, Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act of 2020. The bill amends the small business provisions in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) to the following:

· Extends the forgivable period from 8 weeks to 24 weeks or the end of the calendar year.

· Adds flexibility to the forgiveness ratio for non-wage expenses from 75% payroll and 25% non-payroll eligible expenses to 60% payroll and 40% non-payroll. 

· Establishes a minimum loan maturity of 5 years for the remaining balance after the balance is adjusted for forgiveness. 

· Extends the required period during which an employer may restore wages to December 31. 

· Allows borrowers to defer payments until they receive compensation for forgiven amounts. Those who don’t apply for forgiveness can have 10 months from the program’s expiration to begin making payments. 

· Allows for PPP borrowers to also defer payroll tax payments including payment of principal, interest, and fees, until the date on which the amount of forgiveness determined under section 1106 of the CARES Act is remitted to the lender.

This bill does not allow for current PPP borrowers to receive additional PPP funding.

Economic Injury Disaster Loan ( EIDL) 

To further meet the needs of U.S. small businesses and non-profits, the U.S. Small Business Administration reopened the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance program portal to all eligible new applicants experiencing economic impacts due to COVID-19.

SBA’s EIDL program offers long-term, low interest assistance for a small business or non-profit.  These loans can provide vital economic support to help alleviate temporary loss of revenue.  It can be used to cover payroll and inventory, pay debt or fund other expenses.  Additionally, the EIDL Advance will provide up to $10,000 ($1,000 per employee) of emergency economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties, and these emergency grants do not have to be repaid.

For additional information, please visit the SBA disaster assistance website at

New Hampshire Main Street Relief Fund - Update

This was the allocation and expenditure of $400 million from the CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund (“flex funds”) to provide emergency financial relief to support New Hampshire small, for-profit businesses due to the economic disruption caused by COVID-19.

For a small for-profit business to qualify, they must:

  • Have submitted a Prequalification Application (by May 29th) 

  • Be a for-profit business

  • Have its principal place of business in New Hampshire

  • Have been in operation for at least one year prior to May 29, 2020

  • Anticipate a loss of revenue for 2020 due to COVID-19

  • Have total 2019 gross revenues of less than $20,000,000

  • Not currently be in bankruptcy

  • Not have permanently ceased operations

Important Dates & Timeline

  • Announcement of Program Specifics - June 5, 2020

  • Formal Application Period - June 5, 2020 – June 12, 2020

  • Deadline to File Completed Application - June 12, 2020

Updates are pending on this at this moment in time.

NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund Application 

The application is now open for the NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund of the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery. The application will remain open through the deadline of June 25 at 4:00 PM EST. Access to application materials and the online application portal is available through the GOFERR website.  The NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund grant program is being administered through a partnership of the New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits, the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation and the New Hampshire Community Development Finance Authority.  The New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits will host an informational webinar and series of question-and-answer sessions throughout the application window: Please see the GOFFER website for more details.

Other Websites with Information & Resources:

Information on COVID-19 from the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce

Resources for dealing with coronavirus in our community (Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce)

Intown Concord COVID-19 Community Resources

Comcast COVID-19 Response Information